Meet professional Wild Child Triathlete, Andrew Sangillo!
Each month we highlight a DelMo Athlete. This month, meet professional Wild Child Triathlete, Andrew Sangillo!
The doctor said Andrew might not be able to run or ride a bike.
Andrew was born with a birth defect called bilateral clubfoot. He underwent surgery to cut both of his Achilles’ tendons at 1 month old and then put in casts up to his knees. He required regular specialist doctor visits and to wear braces and special shoes when he slept up until he turned 5 this past Summer in July. It’s a miracle that he was able to compete in the #VirtualTRIWW Wild Child Triathlon and is the reason his father started triathlons. Learn more HERE!
- Did you have fun doing the Wild Child Tri? Yes
- What was your favorite part? The bike
- What did you think about while doing the race? I thought I might be in last place because I was going against professional 5 year olds.
- What is your favorite class/subject in school? Playing with my friends
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Vanilla and Strawberry
- Who is your role model? My dad because he gave me a medal for the race
- What are your hobbies? Beyblades and building with Legos
- Tell us three things we should know about you. I love my family, I have grandparents, and I just started going to school.
We look forward to 2021 and having Andrew participate in our kids events!!