We are here to give you the tools to have a successful Stampone Law Virtual TRI WW!
You've asked and we've listened!!! Here is all of the information you need to successfully participate in the Stampone Law VIRTUAL Tri the Wildwoods Triathlon & 5K Presented by Inspira Health.
- Sprint: .25 Mile Swim, 10 Mile Bike, 5K Run
- Olympic: .6 Mile Swim, 18 Mile Bike, 5 Mile Run
- Sprint: 2 Mile Run, 10 Mile Bike, 5K Run
- Olympic: 2 Mile Run, 18 Mile Bike, 5 Mile Run
- Sprint: .25 Mile Swim, 10 Mile Bike = Done!
- Olympic: .6 Mile Swim, 18 Mile Bike = Done!
TIME FRAME/RESULTS SUBMISSION:
- You have from August 22nd until September 12th, 2020 to complete your race!
- While we encourage you to attempt to do all legs of the race on the same day (as if you were at a triathlon), you are able to do each leg on separate days if it is not convenient for your schedule/logistics.
SWIM: Sprint: 0.25 Mile Swim (equivalent to 440 Yards or 402.34 Meters) / Olympic: .6 Mile Swim (equivalent to 1056 Yards 965.61 Meters)
- POOL SWIM: Use your own pool, a friend/neighbor’s pool, your municipal pool or a private-club pool.
- OPEN WATER SWIM: If you have access to open water (bay, ocean, lake), NEVER swim alone! Have a support crew in a kayak/paddle board, and/or with a swim buoy to ensure you are safe!
- NOTE: Your swim MUST BE A MEASURABLE DISTANCE. Dry Land Swimming, Tethered Swimming, or Endless Pool Swimming are not accepted for our virtual races, as they are not a quantifiable measurement. ANY stroke, or combination of strokes, are acceptable: Freestyle, Backstroke, Breast Stroke, etc.
BIKE: Sprint: 10 Mile Bike / OLYMPIC: 18 Mile Bike
- OUTDOORS: Find a safe course, away from busy traffic (if possible). Be smart and stay safe! Obey all traffic laws. Always ride WITH the flow of traffic. Remember to start and stop your watch/tracking device/timer.
- INDOORS: Feel free to use a bike trainer or indoor bike, for example: Schwinn, Peloton, etc. Make sure you have the ability to track/record the distance and time.
RUN: Sprint: 5K Run/Walk (equivalent to 3.1 Miles) / Olympic: 5 Mile Run/Walk. 2 Mile Run (first leg of Duathlon)
- OUTDOORS: Find an open path, track, sidewalk, or trail, or even in your neighborhood. Always run AGAINST the flow of traffic.
- INDOORS: Feel free to use a treadmill. Make sure you have the ability to track/record the distance and time.
- Applies ONLY to teams already signed up prior to event converting to Virtual. No new teams will be permitted to register for the virtual race.
- NOTE: ALL team members will receive ALL swag items!
- SWIM: Goggles, Swim Cap, Tri Kit or Bathing Suit
- BIKE: Bicycle (Road, Triathlon, Mountain, Hybrid, Cruiser Bicycle, etc.), Bike Shorts, Bike Shoes, Glide/Chamois Cream, Helmet = REQUIRED!
- RUN: Running shoes, Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Bib (OPTIONAL!)
- RECORDING WORK OUT: Smart Watch and/or Smart Phone
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR DISTANCES:
- Typically, we would suggest a smartwatch (Apple Watch, Garmin, FitBit) to help record each leg. You can also use free apps on your smartphone such as MapMyRun or Strava. If you don’t have a smartwatch or app, you can use a stopwatch/phone timer and take a photo upon completion for results submission.
- Make sure your watch/tracking device works, and test it out a few days ahead of time. If you need, use your stopwatch on your phone, and make sure you have validation of your mileage! Here are some apps that work for the bike and the run: Examples: Apple Watch, Garmin Smart Watch, FitBit Watch, MapMyRun App, Strava App, RunKeeper App, and MORE!
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR RESULTS:
Please use these steps to complete your Virtual Race and submit your results anytime between August 22nd and September 12th @ 11:59PM EST:
- Swim/Bike/Run the distances you registered for on your own (any time between August 22nd and September 12th) and make sure you time yourself via Smart Watch or Smart Phone.
- Examples: Apple Watch, Garmin Smart Watch, FitBit Watch, MapMyRun App, Strava App, RunKeeper App, and MORE!
- Once you complete your distance(s), take a photo or screenshot of each of your swim/bike/run results.
- *BONUS* take a 5 second selfie video and a photo while participating to be DelMo-Famous! For Videos: Hold your phone HORIZONTAL (sideways)!
- Be on the lookout for the Results Submission Link on August 22nd.
- You will need your Last Name and Registration ID.
- You will submit results (with photo proof) for EACH leg all at ONE TIME.
- Submissions are FINAL.
- RELAY TEAMS: 1 person will need to submit your results and will need to make sure you are using the captains Last Name and Registration ID.
- Your race swag and awards will be mailed to you in early October, or at the earliest opportunity.
- Results will be scored and posted online after the results submission period is complete.
- TRIATHLON: 3 Deep for Age Group
- DUATHLON: 1 Deep for Age Group
- AQUABIKE: 1 Deep for Age Group
- RELAY: 3 Deep for Overall
- ATHENA/CLYDESDALE: 3 Deep for Overall
- 5K: 1 Deep for Age Group
Extra AMAZING Swag Items for Tri / Du / Aquabike / Relay / 5K *:
- Finisher Medal *
- Race Sweatshirt *
- Custom Crusher Hat
- Custom Buff/Face Covering
- Custom Blue Seventy Swim Cap
- Custom Polar Bottle
- Priority Registration into 2021’s Race @ 15% off *
- 1 raffle entry to win Big Ticket items * (1 Blue Seventy Wetsuit, 1 BASE Performance Swag Package, 1 FREE entry to the 2021 Stampone Law Tri the Wildwoods)
- *Indicates what 5K athletes will receive
- Registered for the Virtual Triathlon or Aquabike but come to find out you don’t have access to a pool or open water in the month of August/September and need to switch to Virtual Duathlon?
- You will be able to switch with a simple form question during the results submission process (August 22nd-September 12th). No need to notify us via email.
- I rushed my decision and deferred my race to 2021 or 2022 but now I changed my mind and would like to do the virtual event this August/September, how can I reverse my deferral?
Use these steps:
- Click HERE.
- Be sure to have your Registration ID handy.
- Select KEEP ME IN 2020.
- THEN FOLLOW THE TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS ON RUNSIGNUP.
- Why doesn’t this event appear in my RunSignUp Profile?
- One reason is you might have multiple RunSignUp accounts, make sure you are logged in to the correct email address you registered with.
- Another reason is you might’ve registered via Active.com, therefore you must claim your registration for it to appear in your Profile. See instructions below (question #4).
- Why does Registration ID contain letters and numbers which won’t work for the deferral form?
It seems as though you registered via Active.com. Please follow these steps to activate your registration in RunSignUp:
- Click HERE.
- Enter your information to "lookup" your registration
- Next to your name select "Is this you?"
- You will receive an email with steps to complete the claim process
- I have access to a swimming pool, how do I track my swim?
- If you have a smart watch, time/measure yourself doing 1 lap around to determine how many laps you will need to do. Note: .25 Miles is equivalent to 440 Yards or 402.34 Meters, .6 Miles is equivalent to 1056 Yards 965.61 Meters.
- I'm having issues with my RunSignUp.com account.
- Click HERE to reach out to RunSignUp's support team.
- Deadline to Defer: Thursday, July 30th @ 11:59pm EST.
- Use our hashtag on Social Media! #VirtualTRIWW
- Challenge a friend to register and both of you can do it together on the same day and time!
- Feel amazingly philanthropic that $10 of your race entry will be donated to the Lunch With Lynch Foundation. Learn more about Lunch With Lynch Foundation by clicking HERE. Feeling generous and want to donate? Click HERE.
- Don’t forget your photos/videos!
- Must be taken in LANDSCAPE mode – this means holding your phone sideways!
- Have your support crew take photos of you during your swim/bike/run! Make it FUN!
- OR set up your phone with the Self Timer mode!
- Need an example? Check out the recent Virtual MudHen Brewing Co. Race Series Highlight Video by clicking HERE.