We are here to give you the tools to have a successful Virtual event!
You've asked and we've listened!!! Here is all of the information you need to successfully participate in the Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa VIRTUAL Women's Philadelphia Triathlon Presented by Inspira Health.
- Triathlon: 300 Meter Swim, 9 Mile Bike, 5K Run
- Duathlon: 2 Mile Run, 9 Mile Bike, 5K Run
- Aquabike: 300 Meter Swim, 9 Mile Bike
- 5K: 5K Run or Walk
TIME FRAME/RESULTS SUBMISSION:
- You have from July 1st until July 26th 2020 to complete your race!
- While we encourage you to attempt to do all legs of the race on the same day (as if you were at a triathlon), you are able to do each leg on separate days if it is not convenient for your schedule/logistics.
SWIM: 300 Meter Swim (equivalent to 328 Yards or 0.2 Miles)
- POOL SWIM: Use your own pool, a friend/neighbor’s pool, your municipal pool or a private-club pool.
- OPEN WATER SWIM: If you have access to open water (bay, ocean, lake), NEVER swim alone! Have a support crew in a kayak/paddle board, and/or with a swim buoy to ensure you are safe!
- NOTE: Your swim MUST BE A MEASURABLE DISTANCE. Dry Land Swimming, Tethered Swimming, or Endless Pool Swimming are not accepted for our virtual races, as they are not a quantifiable measurement. ANY stroke, or combination of strokes, are acceptable: Freestyle, Backstroke, Breast Stroke, etc.
BIKE: 9 Mile Bike
- OUTDOORS: Find a safe course, away from busy traffic (if possible). Be smart and stay safe! Obey all traffic laws. Always ride WITH the flow of traffic. Remember to start and stop your watch/tracking device/timer.
- INDOORS: Feel free to use a bike trainer or indoor bike, for example: Schwinn, Peloton, etc. Make sure you have the ability to track/record the distance and time.
RUN: 5K Run/Walk (equivalent to 3.1 Miles) AND/OR 2 Mile Run (first leg of Duathlon)
- OUTDOORS: Find an open path, track, sidewalk, or trail, or even in your neighborhood. Always run AGAINST the flow of traffic.
- INDOORS: Feel free to use a treadmill. Make sure you have the ability to track/record the distance and time.
- Applies ONLY to teams already signed up prior to event converting to Virtual. No new teams will be permitted to register for the virtual race.
- NOTE: ALL team members will receive ALL swag items!
- SWIM: Goggles, Swim Cap, Tri Kit or Bathing Suit
- BIKE: Bicycle (Road, Triathlon, Mountain, Hybrid, Cruiser Bicycle, etc.), Bike Shorts, Bike Shoes, Glide/Chamois Cream, Helmet = REQUIRED!
- RUN: Running shoes, Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Bib (OPTIONAL!)
- RECORDING WORK OUT: Smart Watch and/or Smart Phone
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR DISTANCES:
- Typically, we would suggest a smartwatch (Apple Watch, Garmin, FitBit) to help record each leg. You can also use free apps on your smartphone such as MapMyRun or Strava. If you don’t have a smartwatch or app, you can use a stopwatch/phone timer and take a photo upon completion for results submission.
- Make sure your watch/tracking device works, and test it out a few days ahead of time. If you need, use your stopwatch on your phone, and make sure you have validation of your mileage! Here are some apps that work for the bike and the run: Examples: Apple Watch, Garmin Smart Watch, FitBit Watch, MapMyRun App, Strava App, RunKeeper App, and MORE!
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR RESULTS:
Please use these steps to complete your Virtual Race and submit your results anytime between July 1st @ 12:00 PM and July 26th @ 11:59PM EST:
- Swim/Bike/Run the distances you registered for on your own (any time between July 1st and July 26th) and make sure you time yourself via Smart Watch or Smart Phone.
- Examples: Apple Watch, Garmin Smart Watch, FitBit Watch, MapMyRun App, Strava App, RunKeeper App, and MORE!
- Once you complete your distance(s), take a photo or screenshot of each of your swim/bike/run results.
- *BONUS* take a 5 second selfie video and a photo while participating to be DelMo-Famous! For Videos: Hold your phone HORIZONTAL (sideways)!
- Submit Results HERE.
- You will need your Last Name and Registration ID.
- You will submit results (with photo proof) for EACH leg all at ONE TIME.
- Submissions are FINAL.
- RELAY TEAMS: Relay Team Captain's will collect all team member's times and proof to submit.
- Your race swag and awards will be mailed to you in mid-August, or at the earliest opportunity.
- Results will be scored and posted online after the results submission period is complete.
- TRIATHLON: 3 Deep for Age Group
- DUATHLON: 1 Deep for Age Group
- AQUABIKE: 1 Deep for Age Group
- RELAY: 3 Deep for Overall
- 5K: 1 Deep for Age Group
- ATHENA: 3 Deep for Overall
Extra Fabulous Swag Items for Individual Tri / Du / Aquabike / Relay / 5K: (MSRP over $200!)
- Big Flashy Finisher Medal *
- Long Sleeve Tech Race Shirt *
- Custom Buff/Face Covering *
- Hand & Stone Gift Certificate *
- Blue Seventy Custom Brick Bag
- Blue Seventy Goggles
- Blue Seventy Custom Swim Cap
- Custom Polar Bottle
- Priority Registration into 2021’s Race @ 15% off *
- 1 raffle entry to win Big Ticket items * (1 set of Apple AirPods, 1 $100 gift certificate to Cape May Running Company, 1 Pair of Salming Running Shoes, 1 FREE entry to the 2021 Women’s Philadelphia Triathlon)
- *Indicates what 5K athletes will receive
- Registered for the Virtual Triathlon or Aquabike but come to find out you don’t have access to a pool or open water in the month of July and need to switch to Virtual Duathlon or 5K?
- You will be able to switch with a simple form question during the results submission process (July 1st-26th). No need to notify us via email.
- How do I find my Registration ID?
- Login to your RunSignup account
- Click on your profile (top right)
- Under ‘Upcoming Events’ select ‘View Registration’ on your Women’s Philadelphia Triathlon event.
- Your Registration ID will be on next page under your name. This will be on the ‘My Registration’ tab.
- OR you can reference your race registration confirmation email.
- Why doesn’t this event appear in my RunSignUp Profile?
- One reason is you might have multiple RunSignUp accounts, make sure you are logged in to the correct email address you registered with.
- Another reason is you might’ve registered via Active.com, therefore you must claim your registration for it to appear in your Profile. See instructions below (question #4).
- Why does Registration ID contain letters and numbers which won’t work for the deferral form?
It seems as though you registered via Active.com. Please follow these steps to activate your registration in RunSignUp:
- Click HERE.
- Enter your information to "lookup" your registration
- Next to your name select "Is this you?"
- You will receive an email with steps to complete the claim process
- I have access to a swimming pool, how do I track my swim?
- If you have a smart watch, time/measure yourself doing 1 lap around to determine how many laps you will need to do. Note: 300 Meter swim is 328 yards or 0.2 miles.
- I'm having issues with my RunSignUp.com account.
- Click HERE to reach out to RunSignUp's support team.
- What if I didn’t switch to Virtual or defer?
- You will not be able to submit results.
- You will not be eligible for awards.
- You WILL still receive the awesome SWAG package!
- Deadline to Defer: Monday, June 15th @ 11:59pm EST.
- Challenge a friend to register and both of you can do it together on the same day and time!
- Feel amazingly philanthropic that $10 of your race entry will be donated to Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling. Learn more about BCYC HERE. Feeling generous and want to donate? Click HERE.
- Don’t forget your photos/videos!
- Must be taken in LANDSCAPE mode – this means holding your phone sideways!
- Have your support crew take photos of you during your swim/bike/run! Make it FUN!
- OR set up your phone with the Self Timer mode!
- Need an example? Check out the recent Virtual MudHen Brewing Co. Race Series Highlight Video by clicking HERE.