We decided to interview someone who has done many races with DelMoSports. Shane represents IronHeart Racing!
Each month, we sit down with a DelMoSports athlete and ask them five questions.
Meet 5x Escape the Cape Finisher and DelMo Athlete, Shane Serrao!
Shane represents IronHeart Racing.
As we approach Father's Day, Shane wanted to share a good IronHeart message: We are trying to keep Dads around longer by getting them to be aware of heart disease and living an active lifestyle.
1. What are your race goals this season?
I am currently recovering from knee injury and dealing with a longer than expected recovery. My goal is to finish TRI WW Sprint with a 5K RUN instead of a 5K hop-a-long.
2. Best racing advice?
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
My favorite pre-race meal is a Buffalo Chicken Wrap with ghost peppers.
4. What is your race mantra?
GTBA (Great To Be Alive).
5. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- I am a member of IronHeart Racing, working to raise awareness of heart disease and getting folks off their couch.
- I'm originally from Trinidad & Tobago.
- I only compete in DelMoSports events, everything else is just not good enough!