Meet Danielle Moore
When the DelMo Team was laying out the July Newsletter and the topic of Athlete/Volunteer Highlight came about, immediately, the team suggested Danielle Moore solely due to her Instagram story about volunteering at Women's PHL Du - she volunteered race morning both at registration AND at the finish line. See photo at end of blog post.
Get to know Danielle Moore..
1. What is your favorite DelMoSports event to race and why?
Right now it's Crest Best Swim Fest- I'm a swimmer at heart, but I'm looking forward to the Philly Women's event to become a triathlon again.
2. What is your favorite volunteer shift? Finish line! Seeing the joy and hearing people's stories is so gratifying and motivating.
3. What is your favorite workout song?
Dance Monkey by Tones and I.
4. Favorite pre-race meal?
Probably a banana and a bagel- enough to get some calories and fuel, but also food that sits well in my stomach! I'm dairy-free and try to listen to my body and what it needs, especially on a hard training day or a race day. When I was a kid in competitive swimming, it was definitely a bacon sandwich!
5. What is your race mantra?
"She believed she could, so she did", but I also have "fuerza", or "strength" in Spanish, tattooed on my right wrist. I lived in Spain for a year so the language and that word in particular resonate deeply with me.
6. What do you do with your free time when you are not training, racing or volunteering?
My first two loves in life were art and animals- I do a lot of DIY projects, and I love spending time nurturing my plants and hanging out with my cat, Sherbert! I have an Etsy shop which motivates me to work on my craft(s); embroidery is my favorite! I also love to cook, write, travel, and spend time with friends. Check out Danielle's Etsy shop HERE!
7. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- I was on a Division 1 swim team in college, but didn't get to swim much due to two concussions
- I just joined T3 Philly and am heavily involved in IRaceLikeAGirl, a women's endurance team founded by pro triathlete Angela Naeth
- My long-term goal is to be part professor, part triathlon/swim coach