Meet Wildwood Crest Mayor and DelMo All-Star Athlete, Don Cabrera AKA the IRON MAYOR!!
When the DelMo Team was laying out the June Newsletter and the topic of Athlete Highlight came about, immediately, DelMo said: "Why don't we highlight Mayor Cabrera? He just crashed his bike and FINISHED a 70.3...." If you don't know his recap about his most recent journey of IRONMAN Maryland, ask him.
Mayor Don Cabrera is very well known amongst the Wildwoods AND in the DelMo community. He is a member of the local Triathlon Club, Wild Harbor Tri Club, and one of the most important supporters of a healthy lifestyle, promoting the "Wellness Challenge" each year at the Crest Best Run Fest.
Get to know Mayor Cabrera..
1. What is your favorite DelMoSports event to race and why?
The crest best run fest - because it was my idea LOL. Second to that. Tri the Wildwoods - billed as easy but harder than we may think. And the after party is best. And it’s home. I am DelMo’s consultant and living life through him vicariously.
2. What is your favorite workout song?
Til I collapse by Eminem - but Mötley Crüe and AC DC gets me pumped up too.
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
Night before I eat a small steak, baked potato, and two veggies. And two light beers.
4. What is your race mantra?
It will be FUN !
5. What do you do with your free time when you are not training, racing or volunteering?
Outside of working in our companies or governing wildwood crest, I enjoy traveling with my wife and friends to Disney, Caribbean, or somewhere warm.
6. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- I love buffalo wings (if they are on the menu I’m trying them)
- I train / race to eat, drink, and socialize and keep my mind and body in shape, I’m here for the party.
- I’m almost 56, they call me the IRON MAYOR.