We decided to interview a special DelMoSports Athlete this month. Meet Harvey Dawkins who represents the Williamstown Badgers!
Each month, we sit down with a DelMoSports athlete and ask them five questions.
Meet DelMo Athlete, Harvey Dawkins!
Harvey has Cerebral Palsy and represents the Williamstown Badgers. He recently competed at IRONMAN 70.3 Atlantic City!
1. What are your race goals this season?
I'm going to try and do a few sprint triathlons and I hopefully will be training for next year's IRONMAN 70.3 in Atlantic City.
2. Best racing advice?
Having a positive attitude goes a long way in helping you keep you head in the race.
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
I would have to say pancakes. They are my favorite anytime meal!
4. What is your race mantra?
- You can quit and they won't care, but you will always know.
- If you tell yourself you can't do it your right, if you tell yourself you can do it your right.
5. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- I believe in overcoming adversity. I want to show the world what people with disabilities can do.
- I will never quit, no matter how difficult the challenge.
- I believe that pain is temporary, but after that something bigger comes.
Be sure to check out September's Article from the Race Director which features Harvey HERE.