Each month, an athlete is selected to be the monthly newsletter's Athlete Highlight.
Meet Active Duty Service member (USAF) and DelMo athlete, James Shaughnessy! Each year, James takes advantage of our Military Promo which offers active duty and veterans 50% off select DelMo events all thanks to our partner, United Rentals!
1. What is your favorite DelMoSports event to race and why?
Escape the Cape! Such a fun race and running on the beach for a few miles was a new challenge. Also, remember to hold on to your goggles when jumping off the boat. Don’t let them fly off like me!
2. What is your favorite workout song?
I’m usually listening to house when working out
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
4. What is your race mantra
Repeating “This is Fun”, while grinding it out on the run
5. What is your favorite memory from a DelMoSports event?
Jumping off the boat with my friend Judy, had having her say “you lost your goggles,” hahaha
6. What does your training look like right now?
Just doing the 3 events working on my weak link the run
7. What is your goal for this upcoming season?
Complete the AC OLY in under 2:45
8. Tell us three things we should know about you.
1. I'm happily married with 2 children and 2 labradoodles
2. I'm a pilot in the NJ Air National Guard flying the KC-135
3. I love taking my entire family out for a nice boat cruise on the great bay