Meet 2022 Atlantic City Triathlon Finisher, Jon Rosen!
Jon contracted COVID at the beginning of the pandemic in April 2020. He was in the ICU, placed on a ventilator, had heart lung bypass (ECMO) and had a partial lung removal, all while placed in medical coma. He woke up 3 months later and had to relearn to walk, talk, swallow, eat, etc. He participated in the 2022 Atlantic City Triathlon with two of the doctors from the ICU who saved him. He did not plan on setting any records, just wanted to finish with a smile on his face! AND THAT HE DID!!! He wanted to do it to show others like himself that they can too. "Those no longer with us, in their memory - for the healthcare teams that worked so hard, that what they do makes a difference. I’m sure everyone competing has their own story equal or more compelling, but that’s my story."
1. What is your favorite DelMoSports event to race and why?
I’ve only done the AC Sprint. That was my first Tri ever!
2. What is your favorite workout song?
Dorothy - Down To The Bottom
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
Chicken parm with angel hair pasta a few days before. The morning of, 1/2 bagel with peanut butter and carb drink.
4. What is your race mantra?
This is for those like me to let them know they can do it too! And for the health care teams that saved my life, that what they do makes a difference!!
5. What is your favorite memory from a DelMoSports event?
Completing the entirety with the ICU doctor that took care of right beside me.
6. What does your training look like right now?
Same as pre event, but not so intense or frequent… yet!
7. What do you do with your free time when you are not training or racing?
Family time and continuing the healing process.
8. What is your goal for next season?
IM70.3AC… pretty lofty goal, but that’s what got me to where I am!
9. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- I don’t give up
- Grateful to be alive
- Indebted to my wife!