Meet DelMo Athlete Lee Caparas!
Lee is one of the friendliest DelMo athletes - hands down! Not only is he an athlete of ours, but also a rock star volunteer!
1. What are your race goals for the 2020 season?
My big races for this season are IRONMAN Texas, IRONMAN 70.3 Atlantic City and IRONMAN Louisville.
2. Which DelMo event is your favorite and why?
Having raced, spectated &/or volunteered at many DelMo events, I can't say I have a favorite because there's seems to always be a consistency at every DelMo event where it is athlete friendly, DelMo staff all the way up to Steve is so great to deal with and volunteers are always so supportive!! I would say every year since 2015 I've done at least a DelMo triathlon at AC whether Tri AC, IRONMAN 70.3 Atlantic City and even Challenge AC back in the day!
3. What is your race mantra?
Always embrace the grind and enjoy the journey!
4. What’s your favorite workout song?
Green Day songs dominate my workout playlist!
5 What are your hobbies outside of triathlon (as if you have time)?
I'm the Vice President of T3 Philly Tri Club in Philly of which I've been on the board for the last 3 years and can't even begin to describe what an incredible experience it has been supporting teammates, witnessing their successes from that lens and being a part of the endurance community! I am also a Board member of the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia which is a non-profit organization that advocates for cyclist and pedestrian safety, cycling programs for area youths and support the growing of the infrastructure of trails throughout Philadelphia including the surrounding counties and Southern New Jersey.
6. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- I was born & raised in Hartford, CT.
- My main sport growing up was ice hockey and played competitively through college.
- In 2018, I showed up at Tri AC with all my tri gear thinking all along that I was registered to race only to find out on race morning that I was never registered at all for the event!! 🤣🤣