Meet this month's Athlete Highlight - Margaret Salvatore
Get to know Margaret...
Hello! My name is Margaret Salvatore. I was born and raised in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. I lived in WV through college, enlisted in the USMC and was stationed in Virginia Beach, and now work for an Environmental Drilling Business my parents started 25 years ago.
1. What is your favorite DelMoSports event to race and why?
-It's definitely a tie between the Escape the Cape triathlon and the AC triathlon. There's nothing like the thrill you get jumping off the ferry to start the swim in Cape May, but the adrenaline you get biking as fast as you can down the AC expressway is pretty fun too!
2. What is your favorite workout song?
- Not ashamed to admit it, the Hercules and Prince of Egypt soundtracks get me pumped! If I have to pick something from this decade, Big Booty Mix number 18 is my go to.
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
- I always keep it light pre race. I usually stick to a premiere protein shake and fresh fruit. The post workout meal is always for more exciting and indulgent!
4. What is your race mantra?
- My race mantra is "what's your 'why'?". This motivational speaker did a whole presentation on when Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson, how everyone was shocked, and how if you know what your "why" is , and if your "why" is strong, you'll be a knock out every single day.
5. What is your favorite memory from a DelMoSports event?
- My favorite DelMo sports memory was when I found out I won my divison at AC! I almost dropped out of the race due to some negative feedback I was receiving in my personal life, but I persevered and showed up anyway with my best foot forward and it paid off! My Elle Woods moment if you will!
6. What do you do with your free time when you are not training or racing?
- When I'm not training or racing I'm usually off on a hike with my German Shepard Ox. We love to get lost in the woods or spend the day running on the beach chasing waves.
7. What is your goal for next season?
- I had no idea I would enjoy triathlons this much. Winning at AC and getting 3rd at Cape May was completely unexpected. Now that I know what I'm capable of, I want nothing less! This off season I'll be more dedicated to triathlon training, along side my weight training with my good friend and owner of Alpha Athletics, Christian Lauer, who has been a great asset to developing my athletic potential.
8. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- I'm thankful for a fantastic support system; my hardworking parents, caring sisters, enduring friends, and my Grammy.
- I stain every article of clothing I own.
- Everyday I try to live up to Micah 7:8. I've fallen a lot in life, but everyday I think about what I can do to rise and help others around me rise. Live everyday with love, grace, and understanding!