Meet DelMo Athlete Meghan Mozi!
Meghan is a rockstar loyal DelMo athlete who has done 13 DelMo events AND COUNTING!
1. What are your race goals for the 2020 season?
On December 2nd I had ACDF surgery to remove herniated discs and fuse my cervical spine, so as of today I am not sure what I will be able to do in 2020. My short term race goal is to recover enough to at least be able to run. There’s a chance I may be ready for short distances this spring. Ultimately, I would like to run at Crest Best this fall.
2. Best racing advice?
The best race advice I can ever give is to have fun and smile. Participating in these events is a gift. There may come a day when you can’t do this stuff anymore... so enjoy it. Every. Darn. Second.
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal and a banana.
4. What is your race mantra?
Relentless Forward Progress.
5. What activities do you enjoy in the off-season?
Fall and winter in the Mozi house are awesome. My husband and I have two teenage daughters who are extremely active. This is the time of year for us to renew, reorganize, and spend tons of time together. For me, I will be focusing on recovery and strength training, and I have asked my girls to help me.
6. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- I'm an 8th grade English and Special Education teacher. This is my 24th year of teaching.
- I'm super weird about food... I have eaten peanut butter and jelly for lunch almost daily since elementary school. I have never eaten a hoagie and don’t eat any type of sandwich with cold meat.
- I have a 6 year old Doberman Pincher who runs with me. He has gone as far as 8 miles!