We decided to interview an inspiring DelMoSports Athlete this month. Meet Patrick Sweeney!
Each month, we sit down with a DelMoSports athlete and ask them five questions.
Meet DelMo Athlete, Patrick Sweeney!
1. What are your race goals for the 2018 season?
I am competing in 3 Timed Bike Races this season and 8 Tri Relay Team Events. Since I am a challenged athlete, I can only do the bike part of a relay. My bike is a Trike which is a 3 wheeled recumbent bike.
2. Best racing advice?
You need to train consistently and hard. I have a Triathlon coach.
3. Favorite pre-race meal?
Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli
4. What is your race mantra?
To do the best I can with the physical challenges I have.
5. Tell us three things we should know about you.
- Even though I am a left sided hemiplegic, I still stay active with sports
- The T3 Club helps me tremendously. The members help me with my Tri relays and do the run and the swim part.
- I am active with the Pennsylvania Center for Adaptive Sports, IM ABLE Foundation, The Challenged Athlete Foundation, Fighting Back Adaptive Fitness Program and help coach youth soccer.