Meet this months AMAZING volunteer highlight, Miesha Moore!
My name is Miesha Moore, and serving others is my life work. All my spare time is devoted to helping those in need. It was instilled in me at a young age to love God, and to love God is to love and serve all. The volunteer groups at More Humble Hearts Outreach Mission are driven to help those who are in desideratum and and we enjoy the volunteer environment, specifically outdoors.
1. What is your favorite volunteer shift?
I love the first shift, specifically Athlete Registration. The More Humble Hearts' group of volunteers are able to talk and interact with the athletes.
2. Do you have a favorite event to volunteer at?
I love them all!
3. Favorite pre-volunteer meal?
Well, I love Italian, therefore spaghetti and meatballs with a side of garlic bread. Yeah!
4. What is your volunteer mantra?
YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR A CAPE TO BE A SUPERHERO!
5. What does the money raised go towards?
We at More Humble Hearts use the monies raised volunteering to help feed the homeless throughout the tri-state area of Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey.
6. Would you ever consider participating in an event?
YES! One of these days, my girls and I "will" participate in the Women's Philadelphia Triathlon!
7. What do you do with your free time when you are not volunteering?
Serve God, love to shop, and watch Lifetime. <-- In that order!
Miesha and her group volunteer at just about every DelMoSports event! Learn more about volunteering by clicking HERE.