Meet Kenny and Vinny, our mascots from Escape the Cape!
What started out as an idea, then came to life as a Halloween costume, to becoming mascots at Escape the Cape! We are so appreciative of Kenny, Vinny, mom and dad for making the trip TO Lower Township, NJ FROM Massachusetts just so they could be apart of our premier event! Let's give the boys some LOVE!
1. What was your favorite part of the event?
Kenny and Vinny’s favorite part of the triathlon was being up on stage with the winners during the Awards Ceremony! Vinny really enjoyed the Philly soft pretzel! Kenny really liked walking around in his costume meeting new people!
2. How was your event experience?
Both boys said that their event experience was awesome and amazing! They loved how many people there were and how friendly everyone was. THANK YOU ATHLETES!!
3. What made them pick those costumes for Halloween? (If your family is from MA, what made you want to re-create an iconic South Jersey Ferry?
Kenny chose to be the Cape May Ferry for Halloween because he has always been fascinated by the ferry. He enjoys tracking the coming and going on the ferry. He also loves taking a yearly trip to Delaware aboard the ferry. Kenny always talks about being a Cape May-Lewes Ferry Captain someday! Vinny chose to be a Cape May Lifeguard because he loves to visit the Cape May beaches everyday. Vinny was inspired by his two Cape May Lifeguard friends, DJ and Cam. Vinny would love to become a Cape May Lifeguard one day.
4. What are your plans for the costume?
As of right now, we do not have any plans for the Ferry costume. We are currently looking for a good home for the costume as it is extremely difficult to transport it back and forth between Massachusetts and New Jersey. We are hoping that maybe the Ferry might like it!
5. Tell us three things we should know about you.
1. I am 10 years old and will be entering 5th grade in the fall
2. Some interests are cooking, yard work and playing the trumpet
3. After I am a Cape May-Lewes Ferry Captain I would like to travel to Mars!
1. I am 8 years old and I will be entering 3rd grade in the fall
2. I love to play sports
3. After he spends his summers being a Cape May Lifeguard he would like to work with animals!
1. We are from Massachusetts, but we love our home in Cape May NJ!
2. My husband and I are both teachers, which allows us to spend the whole summer in Cape May
3. Spending time as a family is extremely important to us!