Safety Tip Of The Month brought to you by Stampone O'Brien Dilsheimer Law.
6 Tips for Novice Triathletes
Competing in your first triathlon can be overwhelming. On top of the physical and mental challenge, it is easy to become intimidated by flashy gear, mobs of spectators, and the shear physicality of other competitors. Luckily, we're here to help with 6 tips for novice triathletes.
1. Be organized: Between clothing, equipment, and additional items like fitness trackers or sunscreen, it is easy to overlook details on race-day. We recommend creating a checklist and organizing your gear the night before to avoid a hectic morning.
2. Arrive Early: Be sure to arrive with enough time to address crowded parking lots, equipment-related problems, check-in lines, transition setup, and your own personal race prep. The last thing you want is to be breathing heavy before the opening gun.
3. Stay calm, even when the sea isn’t: For most triathletes the swim is the toughest leg of the race, both physically and mentally. While we are unable to control the sea’s current or temperature, we do have control over our reaction to these elements. Don’t make the swim harder or longer than it must be - stay calm and stay straight.
4. Practice Transitions: Valuable time can be lost changing from your wetsuit to your cycling gear and from your cycling gear to your running gear. Practice these transitions at home before race-day to cut vital seconds/minutes off your final time.
5. Check your bike (and don’t lose it): Make sure your bicycle and helmet are together and in proper working condition before beginning the race. With hundreds, if not thousands, of similar styled and colored bikes piled together in a carousel, it is easy to get lost, especially in the heat of competition. If you are one of the first to set your bike down, we recommend going back once the area has filled to re-familiarize yourself with your bike’s location.
6. Have fun: You won’t find a more supportive, fun-loving group than triathletes. So, whether you are there to compete, get yourself in shape, or support a friend, family member, or charity, please remember to have fun! Embrace the fact you are trying something completely new, in what is sure to be an incredible location.
ABOUT STAMPONE O’BRIEN DILSHEIMER LAW
Everyone loves a winner. For over 36 years, Stampone O’Brien Dilsheimer Law has proudly represented the hard-working people of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Florida – and won. The firm has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for ordinary people whose lives depend on winning.
Stampone O’Brien Dilsheimer Law represents clients who have suffered serious personal injuries, catastrophic losses, as well as wrongful death claims. The firm prides itself on intelligent, aggressive, and disciplined representation of those who have been injured. Their talented mix of experienced trial attorneys and youthful, technologically savvy litigators understand your needs, and your desire to win. They don’t back down from tough cases, and they don’t settle for less than you deserve.
Practice Areas: Wrongful Death / Medical Malpractice / Construction Accidents / Premises Liability / Product Liability / Motor Vehicle Accidents / Birth Injuries / Workplace Injury & Disability. For more information on Stampone O’Brien Dilsheimer Law, please visit stamponelaw.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.