All too often we can beat ourselves up on the shots we missed and not give ourselves enough credit for the ones we made.
I am as guilty as the next person when it comes to self-deprecating chatter and if I do not "check" myself I can "wreck" myself. Did we make some errors in 2022, yes. Did we get some things right? We most certainly did. I'm proud of the list below, but the list does not define who we are, it simply illustrates what we can accomplish when we block out the noise and focus on our strengths.
Here are the Top 10 Successes of 2022:
- We finally made it out of 2020-2021...can I get an Amen?
- We introduced our first beer mile and it was everything we imagined it would be.
- We were signed by Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Miler to be their official timer and operations partner
- We dodged a weather bullet at ETC
- We had over 1400 woman competing at WPT after only 280 in 2021
- We introduced a beach finish for TRI AC
- We brought back the kid's triathlon to TRI WW
- We helped bring a cycling event back to the city of Brotherly Love via the Philly Bike Ride
- We worked our first New York City Marathon
- We're still here.
These are only 10 successes...there were many more. How do I put any of this in context? What makes these successes more important than others? They're not. They're what I remember most right now because 2022 was on the verge of becoming one large blur and no memory at all and the older I get the more I realize the importance of documenting these successes for time accelerates with every passing day.
Now, what are we trying to accomplish in 2023? Here's a short list:
- Introducing VIP experiences at all DelMo Events
- A super competitive Beer Mile at Mudhen 5K
- Expanding the Women's Philadelphia 5K
- Revamping the run course and moving the finish line of TRI AC to Albany Avenue & the Beach
- Larger Kid's Race at Tri the Wildwoods
Here's the truth: Our greatest successes, or aspirations, have nothing to do with any of the above-listed. It's being granted the gargantuan opportunity to serve you. We value and appreciate you and the people you care about which is why we are maniacal about following through on details.
"Sometimes you need the field to lay fallow in order to gain nutrients." C. Marin
But, If there was ever a time to shut it down, this is the time of year. For the first time EVER, we are closing our offices during the holiday break. I couldn't be happier for myself and my team. One day, I will chronicle in full detail how we do what we do and what depths we need to go in order to deliver a product that most athletes find "normal" but I'll save that for another day. For now, I'm going to enjoy the bitter cold, a warm fireplace, and the people I love. Please do the same.
See you in 2023.